Downtown McMinnville

Warren County was formed in 1807 from White County. It is named for Major General Joseph Warren, patriot of the American Revolution. McMinnville was named after Joseph McMinn who was governor of Tennessee in 1810.

Some of the buildings in town were built in the 1800's but due to the Civil War, many of the older buildings were burned. Many were rebuilt or repaired after the war and still stand today. Main Street McMinnville has had a major influence in the revitalization of the downtown area as it stands today. Historic preservation practices in city planning while encouraging sensitive new construction has greatly preserved the charm and beauty of McMinnville. The landscaping, street furniture, signage, and ample parking provide a feeling of hospitality that makes this town a great place to live or visit.

McMinnville is located just 70 miles from Chattanooga, 85 miles from Nashville, and 127 miles from Knoxville.

42 of 208 images are shared in this gallery "The City"

If you are interested in obtaining any of these images, for personal use or commercial use, or wish to include a link to your web site - please contact me at bill@luton.us.

Click & Enjoy!

McMinnville Tennessee

the city


Main Street Enternce to the Framer's Market Farmer's Market Alley Fall Creeping into the Alley Survival of the Fittest
Business Chimney Looking West In remberence of the Star Theater which closed in 1926, which served Warren and the surrounding Counties African-Americans Looking West
JD Elkins And JW Brinkly Buildings Oasis Church, Main Street Spring Street Lookin North Dinty Moore's Restuarant sign was erected in 1955
The Station - Pure Art Spring Street Looking South This building was built by built by O. M. Albritton. The Regal Begal replaced Dinty Moore's Spring Street Looking North
North Side Of Main Street Main Street Revived Warren County Court House looking Northwest Dog's Eye View - So Many Post, So Little Time
Square Clock Warren County Court House Looking North Statue of Hebe, Greek Goddess of Youth, dedicated by the Women's Civil League in 1915 Statue By J.W. Fisk Of New York
Looking West On Main Street Fighting For Renovation Park Theater Park Theater Neon Sign First United Methodist Church, North Chancery And Main Street
First United Methodist Church, 1886 Looking Northwest First United Methodist Church, 1886 Looking North Looking Up Northeast Exterior Stairwell At The First United Methodist Church, East Side
Warren House-Sedberry Hotel, first constructed in the 1820's as a home for the Cains Town Park Looking East on Main Street Building Art On East Morford Street Looking South
Hillis-Bottoms 1948 Looking Southeast from Main Street Yet Another Building Under Resoration On Main Street Warren County Chamber Of Commerce
Warren County Chamber And City Park Time To Hang It Up